I did a quick search at the iTunes App Store today for EMR and EHR apps and was pleased to see that the total number of apps had increased from the 9 that were available in July to 19 that are available today. Both totals include some duplicates as some vendors offer both free (lite) and paid versions of their EMR Apps.
In that same period the number of iPhone apps has increased as well but not as dramatically. The 51 iPhone apps that were available in July have been joined by 11 others for a total of 62.
Many of the apps are free with paid apps ranging in price from $4.99 to $49.99.
The current list of iPad EMR and EHR apps is below:
- Nimble EMR (Free)
- Dr. Chrono EMR (Free)
- Mediforms EMR Lite (Free)
- iMedDocs-EMR (Free)
- Stat E&M Lite (Free) & Stat E&M Coder ($49.99)
- STAT ICD-9 Lite (Free) & STAT ICD-9 Coder ($29.99)
- Allscripts Report (Free)
- Capzule PHR Free (Free) & Capzule PHR ($4.99)
- Rx-Writer (Free)
- iClickEMR (Free)
- Patient Keeper PK4801R (Free)
- SmartEMR Mobile (Free)
- EMR Dermatology (Free)
- Innomotion for iPad (Free)
- Page Stream MD ($8.99)
- Point Click Care Mobile MDS (Free)
In looking a bit more deeply at some of these apps about 1/3 of them appear to be “hobby” type projects for the developers with limited or no support offered.