Smartphone penetration is the main driver for the growth of the mobile healthcare market. Lack of standardization, regulation and market opacity are the main barriers according to developers of mobile healthcare applications.
These are two findings from the new “Global mHealth Developer Survey” by mobile market research specialist research2guidance. The research, conducted amongst independent application developers and traditional healthcare industry players reveals that:
- The majority of participants predict that the mHealth will break through in the next five years.
- Nearly 80% of respondents see diabetes as the therapeutic area with highest business potential.
- Today healthcare interested people and clinical doctors are the main target groups for mHealth solutions, as seen by 61% and 58% of respondents, respectively.
- Smartphone penetration is seen as the main driver for mHealth by 63% of respondents.
- Lack of standardization (50%), regulation (49%) and market transparency (49%) are the main barriers facing mHealth.
- App stores will lose their role as main distribution channels for mHealth solutions.
- Android and iOS will be preferred mobile platforms for mHealth solutions.
The survey results are available as a free whitepaper. To download a copy of the “Global mHealth Developer Survey”please click here: http://www.research2guidance.com/shop/index.php/mhealth-survey-summary
The “Global mHealth Developer Survey” aims at providing insights on how mHealth developers view the future of the mHealth market. A total number of 231 companies participated and shared their views, experience and insights.