eClinicalWorks®, a market leader in ambulatory clinical systems, today announced that suburban Chicago’s Riverside HealthCare will be offering eClinicalWorks comprehensive electronic health records solution to its employed physicians.
“Riverside HealthCare is committed to excellence in all aspects of care delivery,” said Wayne Kelsheimer, Corporate Director of Information Services for Riverside HealthCare. “There are currently several initiatives aimed at improving quality of care, including HIE initiatives and meaningful use, which would benefit our providers and patients. Our previous system would not enable us to participate in these initiatives. We selected eClinicalWorks because it will provide our physicians with the technology and resources necessary to take advantage of these programs as well as connect providers with each other and with their patients. We chose a platform that will give our Medical Group greater single point access to patient data generated across the health system and our communities. The eClinicalWorks eHUB and eEHX platforms provide a robust solution to achieve this capability and well-position our Medical Group to participate in our State Information Exchange initiatives.”
Providers will be migrating from their current system to the eClinicalWorks comprehensive EHR solution using a Software as a Service (SaaS) model so members are able to access the solution via the Internet. Using eClinicalWorks will enable Riverside HealthCare and its providers to pursue several initiatives. One is becoming an Accountable Care Organization (ACO), a group of providers whose responsibility is to deliver quality, access, and value for all patients. ACOs maintain and provide incentives so that all specialties are working together to determine the best and most cost effective treatment for the patient. Another is for its providers to take advantage of provisions in the HITECH Act, which authorizes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to impart a reimbursement incentive for physician and hospital providers who demonstrate the “meaningful use” of an EHR.
“eClinicalWorks works aggressively with its customers to get them up and running with a comprehensive solution that will connect them with their colleagues and patients,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “Riverside HealthCare is showing great initiative in implementing a system that will allow its providers to communicate real-time patient information and pursue programs that will further enhance the quality of care delivered.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution Riverside HealthCare will utilize the following:
- eClinicalWorks EMR/PM to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
- eClinicalWorks eBO for performing clinical and financial analytics;
- eClinicalMobile will permit Riverside HealthCare’s physicians to access the system anywhere through their smart phone;
- eClinicalMessenger as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care including appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements;
- eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
- eClinicalWorks P2P for practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment; and
- eEHX serves as a hub providing physicians with improved access to patients’ health information and allowing them to exchange data more effectively.