digiChart, Inc., a Nashville-based provider of electronic health record (EHR) and practice management system (PMS) solutions for OB-GYN practices, has announced the release of its new PracticeSmart product.
PracticeSmart is the first EHR and PMS solution engineered and built by one company specifically for OB-GYN offices. The new product combines digiChart OB-GYN, an EHR for clinical charting, with the company’s proprietary practice management platform, resulting in a total, mobile solution for women’s health practices.
Phil Suiter, digiChart CEO, said, “From the moment a patient calls to schedule an appointment, an OB-GYN office wants to provide an efficient, relaxing and positive experience. digiChart understands this – it’s why we built PracticeSmart. Using our new EHR and practice management solution, OB-GYN practices not only improve the patient experience, but also increase their efficiencies and ensure a high quality of care, all while maximizing productivity and ROI.”
From patient check-in, to charting, to billing and reimbursement, PracticeSmart addresses all of an OB-GYN office’s unique clinical and administrative needs in a single system. Physicians, clinical staff, office managers and patients benefit from the efficiencies created by
“PracticeSmart provides the integrated, single-database solution OB-GYNs have needed for a long time. We make more informed workflow decisions and are able to focus on delivering patient care. Our medical records and billing costs are reduced, my time is better utilized, and I get home in time to have dinner with my family,” explained Thomas Stovall, M.D., Women’s Health Specialists, Germantown, Tenn.
Selected PracticeSmart features and benefits include:
• Physician access to secure, updated information anytime and anywhere
• Ability to easily schedule multiple-resource appointments and capture patient information at the point of care
• Automatically posted charges based on clinicians’ entry and digital signature of chart documentation
• OB global billing logic and electronically submitted claims
• Rules engines, claims scrubbing and claims status tracking, reducing the amount of time office managers spend processing charges and insurance claims
• Easily accessible reports via an interactive dashboard to manage a practice’s financials, including accounts receivable and collections
• Integrated OB-GYN-specific features: Internet-accessible patient portal (where patients enter personal medical history prior to arriving for a scheduled office visit, loading data directly into the chart for clinical review), the e-prescribing module and the standard antepartum record – all proprietary to digiChart, not merely third-party add-ons
• Ability to pull ultrasound images and reports directly into a woman’s record
• Automatically routed and flagged lab orders and test results for the ordering practitioner
PracticeSmart provides all EHR features required for eligible professionals to receive meaningful use incentive payments.