eClinicalWorks®, a market leader in ambulatory clinical systems, today announced that Indiana University Health Centers have chosen eClinicalWorks comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) solution for use in its Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses to improve the quality of care through reporting capabilities and the ability to share data between locations and departments.
The Indiana University Health Centers provide outpatient healthcare for the more than 70,000 students on the two campuses. eClinicalWorks will equip Indiana University with a comprehensive system for maintaining and accessing patient health information, while increasing the ease of communication between the campus community and staff. Interfaces between eClinicalWorks and internal clinical systems, as well as the University’s Registrar system, will further automate the Health Centers and improve electronic communication among the various clinical services.
“Our students are tech savvy, so we looked for a way to engage them in addition to improving quality of care,” said Pete Grogg, associate director at Indiana University’s Health Center on the Bloomington campus. “eClinicalWorks provides functionality that will allow us to improve and measure the quality of care against clinical best practices, and better connect our providers with those in the community. The Patient Portal will help facilitate communication between the Health Center, and students, as well as sharing clinical data with the student’s University-sponsored personal health record. Patient care and service is expected to be greatly enhanced through this initiative.”
Indiana University will implement eClinicalWorks preventative-care oriented EHR solution for its Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses, combining electronic medical records, practice management, patient portal, interoperability, mobile and messaging capabilities—all unified and linked via a single database. Improving communication with access to real-time information, eClinicalWorks Electronic Health eXchange (eEHX) will serve as a hub providing physicians with improved access to patients’ health information and allowing them to exchange data more effectively, with each other and eventually connecting to health information exchanges.
“Student health centers are a growing customer base for eClinicalWorks,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “We look forward to working with the Indiana University Health Centers to outfit them with a preventative-care oriented EHR solution that facilitates remote and immediate access to patient information, allowing its providers to spend more time delivering quality care.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution, Indiana University Health Center providers will have access to the following:
- eClinicalWorks EMR/PM enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
- eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
- eBO® performs clinical and financial analytics;
- eClinicalMobile® permits physicians access to the system at any time through their smart phone;
- eClinicalMessenger® acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements;
- eClinicalWorks P2P™ provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment; and
- eEHX® serves as a hub to provide physicians with improved access to patients’ health information and allow them to exchange data more effectively with each other.