eClinicalWorks® has announced that Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians (COPCP), the second largest privately-owned primary care group in the United States, has chosen eClinicalWorks comprehensive electronic health records solution for its 230 physicians across 44 practices. Designed to improve communication with access to real-time information, this initiative will aid the group in pursing quality of care initiatives, including meaningful use.
“Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians is focused on meeting patients’ health and wellness needs in the most effective and efficient way possible,” said Rob Strohl, Director of Health Informatics for Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians. “We selected eClinicalWorks due to its successful footprint in primary care settings and demonstrated quality improvement. The company has shown itself to be innovative and partner focused. We are confident this will be a key in our pursuit of quality of care initiatives, including receiving Patient-centered Medical Home qualification across the organization.”
Providers will access the eClinicalWorks comprehensive EHR solution using a Software as a Service model, hosted by COPCP, so members are able to access the solution from each individual physician site. Creating further efficiencies, there will be bi-directional interfaces between eClinicalWorks and COPCP’s radiology, cardiology and Orchard laboratory systems. The comprehensive EHR helps providers take advantage of provisions in the HITECH Act, which authorizes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to impart a reimbursement incentive for physician and hospital providers who demonstrate the meaningful use of an EHR.
“Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians has shown great initiative in improving quality of care,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “Primary care groups have shown improved quality outcomes using eClinicalWorks. Those improvements are partly contributed to our aggressive product development and track record of successful deployments across multiple locations. We view our customers as partners and look forward to working with Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution, COPCP will implement the following:
* eClinicalWorks EMR/PM enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
* eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
* eBO(R) performs clinical and financial analytics;
* eClinicalMobile(R) permits COPCP’s physicians to access the system at any time through their smart phone;
* eClinicalMessenger(R) acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements; and
* eClinicalWorks P2P(TM) provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment.