DrFirst has announced that it has partnered with oncology solutions provider Prowess. DrFirst will provide Prowess a broad array of electronic prescribing solutions, medication adherence support tools and a HIPAA-compliant communication exchange to assist radiation oncologists in improving the quality and coordination of care for cancer survivors.
“Prowess, Inc.’s integration of DrFirst services into its clinical systems helps oncology specialists improve daily clinical workflow and the ongoing operational and care coordination demands of cancer treatment centers worldwide,” said Zach Fox, vice president and general manager of Partner Programs for DrFirst. “In addition, oncology specialists receive a range of evidence-based functionality to identify and address gaps in medication adherence when patients veer away from prescribed protocols.”
Through Prowess’ partnership with DrFirst, tens of thousands of cancer patients benefit from convenience, cost-savings, and clinical information to better manage their illnesses. Efficiency of the e-prescribing and EHR workflow enables oncology specialists to provide patients with:
- Increased patient-safety and convenience from electronic prescribing
- Electronic prescriptions for controlled substances
- Industry-leading patient education materials powered by Krames StayWell
- Cost saving prescription coupons and co-pay vouchers
- OPTIMIZERx Announces Participation Within DrFirst Patient Advisor, a Medication Adherence Solution for Physicians (emrdailynews.com)