The California Health Information Partnership and Services Organization (CalHIPSO) is looking towards a future without federal funding by launching Health eServices – a new suite of low-cost, comprehensive consulting and technical solutions designed to help providers optimize electronic health records and meet Meaningful Use Stages 1 and 2 requirements and beyond. The launch is part of CalHIPSO’s long-range strategy for continuing to assist providers as the organization transitions from federal grant funding to self-sustainability by January 1, 2014.
“It is our mission to partner with California’s clinical providers to transform health care delivery through the effective use of technology,” says CalHIPSO CEO Speranza Avram. “This is a long-term responsibility that extends beyond our initial four-year federal funding period. While our goal is to assist all of the 6,187 providers in our service area adopt EHRs and achieve MU stage 1 by the end of this year, it is likely that many will continue to need our services in 2014 and beyond.”
To meet ongoing needs of providers, while keeping services as affordable as possible, CalHIPSO has leveraged the strength of its partnership with vendors and local extension centers to design Health eServices. Strong partnerships allow CalHIPSO to deliver these services to every corner of the state and have also provided opportunity to offer expanded privacy and security solutions through ClearData.
Health eServices components include:
- Health eCheck-Up: A 3-in-1 solution of progressive analyses offering process improvement and compliance to ensure a healthy practice and maximize the benefits of an EHR. Services include EHR optimization, quality measure assessments for earning incentive payments, privacy and security compliance, audit preparedness, and MU stage 2 readiness.
- Eligibility Registration Attestation (ERA): Helps providers navigate the administrative process for earning Medi-Cal and Medicare EHR incentive payments and assists with attestation.
- 90-Day MU Tracking: Prepares the practice for Meaningful Use readiness, provides assistance with identifying and reporting on quality measures during the 90-day reporting period and attestation submission.
- Meaningful Use Gap Analysis: Creates snapshot analysis of progress and recommendations for moving forward to achieve meaningful use.
- EHR Readiness Assessment: Evaluates the workload, cost and disruption to a practice considering the transition from paper to paperless and offers suggestions for EHR selection, workflow and timeline.
- MUse Concierge: Through virtual consulting a CalHIPSO MU Specialist (MUse) provides timely personal responses to questions of clients seeking minimal assistance.