Practice Fusion has launched Insight, the nation’s largest real-time healthcare database. Physicians, researchers and analysts can use Insight to access unique analysis sourced from a de-identified subset of more than 81 million patient records. Insight users can explore health and pharmaceutical market trends, including diagnoses across patient populations, all in real-time. Pretty useful stuff.
Insight, which is being offered at no charge, is designed to provide a full perspective across the healthcare spectrum, from diagnosis to treatment, that can identify new research opportunities and market trends while addressing some of the most pressing concerns in healthcare today.
“Real-time patient health data has been kept under lock and key, both because of technology limitations and the companies monetizing that data at a high cost—until today.” said Ryan Howard, founder and CEO, Practice Fusion. “Insight unleashes powerful, de-identified health data from tens of millions of real patients and more than 2,000 drug therapies in real time, at no cost. This is a hugely disruptive move in the health data industry.”
Covering diagnoses from seasonal infections like influenza to chronic conditions such as diabetes, Insight will allow users to explore data to better understand:
- The current and historical market share of prescription medications compared to other medications in that drug class
- Currently trending diagnoses for a real-time view of current outbreaks
Diagnosis trends over time to uncover trends in seasonal infections
Proportion of patients with a diagnosis by body-mass index (BMI), age group or sex
Top 100 diagnoses seen nationally on the Practice Fusion platform
Practice Fusion also offers a premium version of Insight for those looking for more in-depth, granular analyses. Features of the paid platform include:
- Additional data views including: Patient Profile, Prescriber Profile, Rx Switching and Treatment Flow
- Filters allowing the selection of specific patient subpopulations, and the ability to see any data view for that specific subpopulation
- Ability to view the market share of any prescription medication within a patient subpopulation
- Custom-curated reports offering real-time and in-depth performance analyses of any drug therapy in the outpatient market, available by request