I feature a few guest posts on EMR Daily News each month to:
- Give readers a fresh perspective
- Introduce them to other interesting and talented writers in the HIT space
- Help other HIT writers connect with the EMR Daily News readers
I only consider guest posts from other bloggers. If you have a company or brand to promote advertising or a sponsored post is the best option.
I only take guest posts from genuine friends or readers who’ve supported me, for example by commenting on this blog regularly.
If you’d like to have a guest post featured on EMR Daily News and I know you or will recognize your name please email me a two sentence bio, a link to your blog and the headline of your suggested post.
If we decide to go ahead you can use these guest post submission guidelines.
Guest Post Guidelines for EMR Daily News
1. Content – All content must be original, written by you and never used before anywhere else on the Internet. Obviously the content should be useful and of interest to EMR Daily News readers.
2. Readability – Make your post easy to scan for those readers who scan for content that is of interest to them: include headers, sub-headers, use bold text for emphasis or use numbered or bullet pointed lists.
3. Double check – Please edit and proofread your post carefully.
4. Originality – All content must be original and between 500 and 1,000 words long.
5. Credits – Add a two sentence credit at the end of the post which begins with your name and can include up to two links.
6. Formatting – The easiest way to make the post available is to write the post as a draft post on your blog, then copy and paste the HTML and email it as a .txt attachment. Make sure there aren’t any <span> tags specifying fonts.
7. Images – If appropriate attach a suitable image. If the image is a creative commons license mention the credits and link. Try using Flickr – do an Advanced Search and check the box that says only search within Creative Commons. Or add links to suggested Royalty Free images.
8. Photo credits – Please place them right at the end of your post (after your byline) like this: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/”>Photo by XXXXXXX.</a>
9. Image format – Maximum 230 pixels wide.
10. No affiliate links.
After your guest post goes live you should:
1. Promote your blog post to your readers and followers on your blog and other social media accounts.
2. Check, read and reply to comments on your blog post.
I look forward to getting to know you and hope to share one of your posts here when you’re ready.
Thanks to Annabel Candy from Successful Blogging for providing the framework for these guidelines.