Voalté has announced the release of Voalté One 2.0, the latest update to its point-of-care smartphone solution. The 2.0 software package, led by direct user feedback, includes features designed to maintain Voalté’s commitment to increasing clinical productivity at the point of care.
“We are seeing a tremendous adoption in the market. In fact, Voalté users are exchanging over one million text messages a month,” said Voalté’s Vice President of Innovation Trey Lauderdale. “To keep up with growing deployments and usage, we have re-engineered our solution to be faster, easier to use, and more reliable than ever.”
- Brand new user interface streamlines navigation and communication.
- Simplified directory enables users to navigate between their own unit, other units, buildings, and favorites with a single tap.
- Enhanced search makes it easy for users to quickly locate others by last name, first name, or title.
- “Quick Response” feature allows users to reply to questions with a single tap on “Yes”, “No” or “OK.”
- Read receipts notify the sender when a recipient has read a message.
- In-line presence updates within the text conversation keep users informed of another party’s availability.
Voalté provides hospitals with a fully integrated point-of-care communications system that consolidates voice, alarms and secure text messaging all in one device. The result is increased efficiencies for nurses and clinicians, and faster response times to patient needs.
“Voalté’s commitment to nurses and clinicians is to continually seek out ways to improve communications at the point of care, improving patient safety and satisfaction,” said Lauderdale.
Voalté’ is currently available for both iOS and Android smartphones.