Imprivata will hold its first annual Imprivata HealthCon 2012 User Conference at the Hyatt Regency in Boston, Nov. 6 – 8. Information technology and clinical informaticists from Imprivata’s worldwide base of 900 healthcare customers will share their experiences and best practices for increasing care provider productivity, speeding EHR adoption, and protecting patient data. Imprivata engineers, product managers, trainers, and industry experts will also deliver education sessions on implementation, deployment, and security compliance.
The two-day event will feature more than 30 breakout sessions in three educational tracks: Clinical Workflows, Business, and Imprivata Products. Topics will include workflow improvement, physician adoption, maximizing technology investments, meeting HIPAA and security requirements, and Imprivata product updates.
HealthCon keynote speakers include:
John Halamka, MD, MS, a Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Chief Information Officer of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Chairman of the New England Healthcare Exchange Network (NEHEN), co-Chair of the national HIT Standards Committee, co-Chair of the Massachusetts HIT Advisory Committee and a practicing Emergency Physician.
Daniel Kraft, MD, a physician-scientist, inventor, and innovator with more than 20 years of experience in clinical practice, biomedical research, and healthcare innovation. Dr. Kraft also chairs the FutureMed program at Singularity University, a program which explores convergent, exponentially developing technologies and their potential in biomedicine and healthcare.
Featured customer presentations will include:
- Reducing Clicks at Johns Hopkins University Health System. Presented by Patrick Ostendarp, IT Manager, Johns Hopkins Medical Center.
- Ready, set, Go-Live! Speeding User Adoption of EpicCare with Single Sign-on, Positive ID, and Fast User Switching. Presented by Carole Ettinger, Senior Project Manager, Akron Children’s Hospital; David Warren, Sr. Systems Analyst, Akron Children’s Hospital; and Mike Sacco, Implementation Engineer, Imprivata.
- Delivering High Tech, Patient-Centered Care with Secure One-Touch Desktop Roaming at Memorial Healthcare. Presented by Frank Fear, Vice President of IT, Memorial Healthcare.
- How to Win Friends and Influence Doctors: Physician Engagement and Its Role in EMR and CPOE Adoption. Presented by Ed Ricks, CIO, Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
- Coaching and Leadership for Success in Healthcare IT. Presented by Chuck Christian FCHIME, FHIMSS, CIO, Good Samaritan Hospital, Past-Chair of the HIMSS Board of Directors, CHIME-HIMSS 2010 John E. Gall, Jr. CIO of the Year
Early bird pricing is available through August 29 at http://www.imprivatahealthcon.com/registration.htm.