As part of a partnership to advance health information management and health information technology, the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) will work together on two timely and critically important issues – information governance and standards.
Aspects of the partnership include:
- Research on HIM and HIT topics
- Jointly sponsored webinars led by AHIMA subject matter experts and CHIME CIO representatives. Planned topics for 2013 include information governance for healthcare, ICD-10 readiness and implementation and HIM and HIT priorities for rural and critical access hospitals.
- Presentations together on patient identity management and information governance for healthcare at the CHIME13 Fall CIO Forum
- Advocacy efforts on key HIM and HIT issues
- Reciprocal invitations for annual conferences, forums and summits
“AHIMA and CHIME both believe that the effective use of health information leads to better healthcare and outcomes for patients,” said AHIMA CEO Lynne Thomas Gordon, MBA, RHIA, CAE, FACHE, FAHIMA. “By working as strategic partners on these types of issues, we can make more progress than we would individually.”