Healthcare Billing & Management Association, HBMA, has announced its Fall Conference education program designed to prepare revenue cycle management professionals for their changing future in healthcare, September 18-20, 2013 at Caesar’s Palace Hotel in Las Vegas.
“This is a challenging time for healthcare professionals due to the changing payment models, and HBMA is providing answers and direction to help our industry prepare for what’s ahead,” said Brad Lund, HBMA Executive Director.
Healthcare leaders will provide information covering important issues facing medical billing professionals, such as:
- Evolving Reimbursement Models and the Billing Company – Positioning for Future Success
- Carving Up and Drilling Down: Using Microsoft Excel’s Pivot Table Feature to Analyze a Practice’s Revenue Cycle
- Using the Latest Technology to Make Your Computer More Relevant
- “The Role of Billing Companies in Medicare, Medicaid and Third Party Payor Audits
- Practical Survival Tips for a Successful ICD-10 Implementation
- Addressing Various Elements of Administrative Simplification
- EHR Incentive Program and Meaningful Use Overview: Understanding the Basics for Eligible Professionals
- How to Generate a Successful Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Healthcare Reform Updates from Washington
- Hot Topics in Compliance
More than 80 vendors will have booths in the Exhibit Hall representing a variety of services to assist the medical billing professional. Conference attendees will also enjoy time to network with peers during various breakfasts, luncheons and receptions.
HBMA is a key stakeholder in the $38 billion physician RCM industry, and represents more than 30,000 employees at well over 700 third-party medical billing firms and first-party billers. Every year, HBMA members submit more than 350 million initial claims on behalf of both hospital and office-based physicians, and other allied healthcare providers.
Image by Lyn Gateley